Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Carlton Natural Blonde

Stash 57 DVD Magazine

57.03 – Carlton Natural Blonde “Taste”

Agency: Clemenger BBDO

Director: Christopher Riggert

VFX: Animal Logic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3gQ_I1L3E

This film is an advertisement for an “all natural beer”. “All around the world people are asking: What’s that taste in my mouth?” - From the announcer, a ditzy blonde to an average Joe, this commercial entices you experience for yourself what this beer is really all about. Instead of using a “natural” setting to convey the message that they don’t use artificial products, everything is very futuristic – or as they say, “The beer of tomorrow, brewed in time for today.”

http://www.animallogic.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Logic

The filmmaker is trying to sell a product, targeted at men in particular – using an attractive woman, humor, and visual effects. Something that can appeal to hot chicks and unattractive guys alike!

Impressions: I enjoyed watching this commercial as it reminded me of one of those funny Super Bowl ads that catch your attention. I chose this film because I could easily describe what it was about, what they were pitching, and to whom. Many of the Stash films that I had to choose from were difficult to figure out – although very catchy, artistic and interesting to watch, I can’t say that writing about it would have been much fun. This film was not only fun to watch, but fun to research and write about as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment